"WAGA HONOU...KIETE KOTO NASHI"

Friday, January 25, 2008

G Generations Spirit COMPLETE!!!

LOL. Haha...yup, finally completed G Generations Spirit for the PS2 after 2 months. Mataku, this game really takes up a lot of time...with each stage lasting from 1 hour to 2 hour but nevertheless, it is a great game and I really enjoyed it. The highly detailed storyline also provided me alot of story info on the U.C gundam series...especially Crossbone Gundam! Haha...the story is cool..especially the last part where he had to destroy Amakusa(not sure if I got the name right...just spelling it out as how i read it) Gundam with Amuro Ray's AI pattern as its pilot. There's even a return of Judau from Gundam ZZ.

I was also pretty surprised when I played the story arc of Hathaway no Senkou(not sure if I pronouced it correctly again..haha) I never expect Hathaway from Char's CounterAttack to actually make it as a main character and somemore a Gundam pilot. I don't comprehend the story completely since it's in jap but from what I understand, Hathaway became the leader of a terrorist group as he wanted to correct the corruption within the Earth Federation but in the end he still couldn't outmatch the army with his small force and ends up being defeated and eventually the person to execute him was his father Bright (yup, the same Bright from the first Gundam series). Overall it's quite a tragedic story.

Another cool factor about the game that I like is that after completing all stages, the last stage will be unlocked where a alien object is heading towards Earth and the Gundams have to defend against it. It appeared as a large cocoon at first but once it cracks, it turns out that this alien is actually Turn A Gundam and yeah, he's really strong and emits a demonic red aura. Even the whole background change when he comes out from the cocoon. Definitely an image befitting for the last boss of the game. The best (or maybe worst?) feature about him is that even though it's a turn based strategy game, he can actually teleport to any part of the map as he sees fit so he doesn't even seem to be affected by the movement rule...which is actually quite scary since he's your enemy afterall.

Lastly, I would like to present the songs that I made in memory of the game. Haha, even though I've been talking about stories in the later U.C period (U.C 100+), these 3 songs are all from the earlier period (U.C 0079-0088).

Ai Senshi from Gundam
Shine through the storm from Gundam 08th MS Team
Mind Forest from Gundam Zeta: A New Translation

No comments: